The author's views are entirely his or her own (excluding the unlikely event of hypnosis) and may not always reflect the views of CosmoWhiz.
It’s no secret that video marketing is now driving the responses of more consumers than any other medium. You can yourself take a look at the YouTube, with its 1 billion unique visitors each month. You can also look at Facebook and its enormous global reach through video sharing. Modern technology and dropping costs have made quality video marketing available to any sized business. Google wants content, so give it content. But make sure that your high quality content is teamed up with high quality video for maximum impact and conversion. Video content is the critical door into the content marketing world of influencers, customers and the social media tribe – since it’s where the consumption trends and short-term differentiation sit. Brands who understand the potential impact of video can build solutions for the big content equations – finding a way to connect with their customers and differentiate from their competitors!
Video has the potential to transmit large amounts of information. A simple 2-3 second video image can transmit tons of historical, emotional and academic information simply from the imagery portrayed in the shot. After you create your won video, you can use it to communicate in ways that other marketing tools don’t. There are number of ways videos can benefit your business, but consider the following before:
Who is your target audience? If video isn’t an appropriate means of accessing them, this could be problematic. Ultimately, you need to attract the attention of the correct people.
What is your message? What do you want your customers to see and hear? A video can provide with a powerful story and greatly influence branding. This could outline a big event or directly link to your overall business narrative/story.
Content Creation Strategy. How will you create the video? In order to grab attention, your video must be professional and high quality. This could be the difference between a few views and thousands.
Distributing your Content. Potential customers need to see the video in order for it to have any impact. This could mean that a range of platforms are needed, from your website, to You Tube, to your company’s Facebook page. Therefore a distribution strategy is essential.
Video is no longer simply a form of entertainment; it’s an invaluable tool for conveying your brand message, your product and your company ethos. Over six billion hours of You Tube footage are watched monthly – and that’s just one of the video platforms you can use to spread your content. Video is favored more and more as the quickest and most successful way to both communicate with an existing audience and to open up brands to a broader demographic. Here in this post you will learn why video is a must have how is it beneficial to make your brand shine ways which would rock your content marketing world with videos:
1. Use Video To Tell Your Story: Do you create video because it’s a cool thing to do – because of a big event, popular trend, and it’s what you supposed to do? Or, do you tie your video creation to your overall business narrative or messaging house – so it supports your overall story?
2. Develop Your Video Content Creation Strategy: Do you create video content in a silo with your agency or social media marketing department? Or, do you think about your ‘big content’ strategy – variations of 6-second Vines, Instagram segments, animated GIFs ahead of time?
3. Create Your Video Content Distribution Strategy: It’s many a person’s dream to be in a video, but is your video content marketing strategy built on a field of dreams? If you create you video and no one views it – did you ever really create your video? A solid video marketing strategy needs to have an organic-first distribution plan including – Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogging, etc.
4. Videos convey your brand message: Audiences can access your video content 24/7 from the office, home or on the move. Whilst only 20% would read the majority of text onsite, 80% would watch the same content were it delivered by video (Forrester). Video lets you disseminate your message with very little input from the viewer. Engaging video can influence, captivate and connect emotionally with the user more than any other medium. Video conveys meaning quicker than text, and the information imparted is more likely to be retained. It allows you to speak as if you’re face-to-face, but with the bonus of post-production additions like graphics. Prospective customers can relate to your brand, learn about your company structure, mission and specific areas of expertise before even making contact.
5. Videos are great for SEO: Video is the trump card in the hand of the search engine optimizer. Search engines are looking for signs that your content is engaging to determine if it is worth a high ranking. And nothing boosts engagement like video. Videos can really boost your position in Google’s rankings because it looks favorably on such rich content (rather than just text alone). The higher you sit in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages), the more traffic is potentially referred. As well as this increase in online visibility, video is an important tool for developing a memorable and trustworthy brand identity. When hosted on a platform like You Tube, you can add links to your site in the video description, making it easy for customers to click straight through to you. Video increases the searchability of your content.
6. Brand visibility across platforms: Video content will sit happily on your site, on Vimeo and You Tube, on your Google+ account, as a link in an email and across all company social media platforms, from Twitter to Facebook to LinkedIn. Videos are instantly shareable and this share-ability is a big part of social media and an ideal way to tap into a new audience.
7. Get ahead of your competitors: Your brand will have plenty of USPs – that’s how you’ve got to where you are. You can use video to explain your company’s unique offering by showcasing your products and services as well as incorporating customer testimonials to highlight your achievements.
8. Video Is The Most Powerful Marketing Tool On The Web: The reason our campaigns and tools incorporate video is that it is simply the most powerful digital marketing tool available. It’s better for recall, it’s more persuasive and search engines love it. Video is so effective, we couldn’t hope to list all the reasons it belongs in the best marketing plans… but we’ve tried.
9. Video Is More Persuasive: The reason video is more persuasive than other types of content is the human brain requires emotional input to make decisions. And no technology is better at conveying emotion than video. Video caters to the brain’s visual and auditory systems, picking up on cues like body language, facial expressions, imagery and music. This elicits an emotional bond that will influence a person’s choices and actions. In fact, studies show that over 80% of people say they are more likely to buy a product after watching a video about it.
10. Video Builds Trust & Credibility More Effectively: There’s something about seeing a person that connects us on a human level. It is the basis on which we build trust. Video enables you to be more “in sync” with your viewers, allowing you to reinforce your message with intonation, eye “contact” and phrasing that clarifies your intention. They can see you, share your emotions and develop a relationship with you.
11. Increase Your Searchable Footprint: One of the best things about video content is that you can post it on You Tube. While video can dramatically increase your website’s visibility on the major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo), few businesses understand how to take advantage of You Tube, the world’s second largest search engine. Depending on your marketing objectives, your videos can live either on You Tube or on your website. If your video is on You Tube, you can increase your brand’s visibility in search fairly quickly, but the traffic will go to You Tube. But if your video lives on your website, the traffic goes to your site, but it takes longer to build up your rankings and traffic.
12. Video Vastly Improves Email Marketing Campaigns: Email marketing remains one of the most effective marketing tactics available. Marketers consistently rank email as having a higher return on investment than any other marketing strategy, followed closely by SEO.
But what if you could double or triple the effectiveness of your email marketing efforts? That’s what video does: it increases email click-through rates by 200-300%, ensuring that your email campaigns get the highest ROI possible. Unlike the written word or photos or graphics, video has the unparalleled power to combine sound, vision and dialogue to bring stories alive and create genuine emotional connections between the viewer and thr brand; something that is now seen as essential in building brand identity and, ultimately, brand loyalty. To remain a player in the digital space, companies of all sizes need to understand the power of storytelling and to what extent the digital space is becoming a video marketer’s playground. Whether it’s a big budget advertising campaign with bells and whistles, or an honest and compelling short about the history of your company, SME’s and big brands alike need to start thinking less like marketers and more like storytellers. And video is shaping up as the medium of choice to tell the tale.
Vinay is Co-Founder and CEO of Cosmowhiz Technologies and Passionate about all things Online marketing, SEO, Content, Search, & Social on the web. He is a high-level online marketing strategist who's not afraid to get his hands dirty and actually implement the strategy instead of just theorize. He learn new things every day and love the worlds of marketing & technology. He has been doing this for a while, so he know a thing or two, but he don't claim to know it all. He is helping companies grow top line revenue, bottom line profits and online market share while delivering quality customer service.
Request a free quote
We offers professional SEO services that help websites increase organic search drastically and compete for 1st page rankings of highly competitive keywords.
CosmoWhiz pursue relationships based on transparency, persistence, mutual trust, and integrity with our employees, customers and other business partners. We are a full service agency that deliver compelling & winning digital marketing solution (SEM, SMM, EDM). This combination has helped many of our clients to interact and engage with their customers the new better way.